Health and confidence
Quitting smoking isn't easy, but when you see the drastic improvements to your life and health it is really motivating.
The damage that smoking causes to your body is horrible, and your secondhand smoke can also cause problems for everybody else too.
Smoking is unattractive and costs you loads of money. Just imagine yourself being smokefree. Feeling great and having that extra money in your pocket!
Improve your health
- Reduce your risk of illness, disability or death caused by cancer, heart disease and lung diseases.
- Reduce your risk of gangrene or amputation caused by circulation problems.
- Protect the health of the people you care about by not making them breathe your secondhand smoke.
- Reduce the chances of your children suffering from asthma or glue ear.
- Improve your fertility and your chance of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Improve your breathing and general fitness.
- Enjoy the taste of food more.
Feel attractive and confident
- Get rid of that stale tobacco smell from your hair, skin and clothes.
- Look attractive with healthy, glowing skin, no tobacco stains on your teeth and fewer wrinkles.
- Feel more confident in public places because you won't be polluting the air or making other people breathe your secondhand smoke.
- Smoking is a big turn off to potential partners, so when you go smokefree, you might be surprised by the new attention you receive.
- Have a fresh, attractive home without nicotine stains on the walls and reduce your risk of starting a house fire or burning your clothes.
Find out more about how smoking affects your health by using our interactive body tool.